How Morrisville students feel about Donald Trump as the U.S. President

Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton at the second presidential debate. Photo courtesy of Los Angeles Times
Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton at the second presidential debate.
Photo courtesy of Los Angeles Times

“So what are you gonna say at my funeral, now that you’ve killed me? Here lies the body of the love of my life, whose heart I broke without a gun to my head.” The lyrics to Sorry by Beyoncé perfectly reflects the mood of America the day after the election, because our president-elect is Donald Trump.
So what now? What are we going to do now that a man whose presidential campaign ran on hate and division is the leader of the free world? The only thing that comes to mind is move on, act like it did not happen. Donald Trump helped many of us see the hatred, racism and bigotry that we have been told for many years does not exist anymore. This campaign exposed the true feelings of friends, family and people we once idolized. He opened the eyes of many by opening his mouth because his speeches during his campaign brought out the most disgusting attributes in his supporters, the ugly truth in people. This is for supporters and non-supporters.

This campaign exposed the true feelings of friends, family, and people we once idolized. He opened the eyes of many by opening his mouth because his speeches during his campaign brought out the most disgusting attributes in his supporters, the ugly truth in people. This is for supporters and non-supporters.

People who supported him loved the way he said what he felt. But will this ability to not be censored continue while he is president?

“When I woke the next morning I was relieved to hear the news but at the same time I didn’t vote for him,” said Liam Dolan, a nursing student. Dolan said he did not vote for Trump because of Trump’s views on many social issues and policies, for example not giving credence to the issue of global warming, and Mike Pence, Trump’s running mate, does not believe smoking causes cancer. Dolan thinks Trump has many flaws but supports him for economic reasons.Some people have somewhat come to terms with Trump being the future president of our country.

Some people have somewhat come to terms with Trump being the future president of our country. “As long as he finds a way to protect this country, I will have no problem with him,” said Kevin Gonzalez, a senior human performance health promotion student. “I don’t want him to be my president but there’s nothing I can do about that.”

“As long as he finds a way to protect this country, I will have no problem with him,” said Kevin Gonzalez, a senior human performance health promotion student. “I don’t want him to be my president but there’s nothing I can do about that.” Cody Pratt, a senior criminal justice student, feels the same. He believes Trump will be a better president than Hillary Clinton would have been but did not support him because of his racist and sexist comments.

Cody Pratt, a senior criminal justice student, feels the same. He believes Trump will be a better president than Hillary Clinton would have been but did not support him because of his racist and sexist comments. “Forty percent of our country did not even vote so that says a lot about the fact that we are not even patriotic and we don’t even feel like it’s important to participate in the election,” Pratt said in an interview.

“Forty percent of our country did not even vote so that says a lot about the fact that we are not even patriotic and we don’t even feel like it’s important to participate in the election,” Pratt said in an interview.Pratt then spoke about Clinton supporters upset with Trump’s election win had to face the facts.

Pratt then spoke about Clinton supporters upset with Trump’s election win had to face the facts. “Unfortunately you have to just deal with it,” he said. “She didn’t win. You have to give him a chance. Maybe he will be different than the words he spoke during the time he was running.”

“Unfortunately you have to just deal with it,” he said. “She didn’t win. You have to give him a chance. Maybe he will be different than the words he spoke during the time he was running.” Dolan has similar thoughts on people who are against a Trump presidency and because of that, are now protesting the election results.

Dolan has similar thoughts on people who are against a Trump presidency and because of that, are now protesting the election results.“Being

“Being a sore-loser speaks volume about character, we can protest all we want but we’re all Americans, we’re all in this together no matter color, race, sexual identity; it’s not about that, it is about us coming together to make this place great,” said Dolan.But many do share the same sentiment because protesting is how many of the voiceless gain a voice and display it. It shows them rising up.

But many do share the same sentiment because protesting is how many of the voiceless gain a voice and display it. It shows them rising up. “People are protesting the results because a fool is now our president,” said Reynaldo Guerra, a senior applied psychology student, in an interview. “How can you not protest, how you can vote for him?”

“People are protesting the results because a fool is now our president,” said Reynaldo Guerra, a senior applied psychology student, in an interview. “How can you not protest, how you can vote for him?”If protesting the election results showed how negative we are as a country, then what does voting for Trump say about our country? Some students said it revealed too much.

If protesting the election results showed how negative we are as a country, then what does voting for Trump say about our country? Some students said it revealed too much. “I think Donald Trump being our president shows a lot about our country,” said Dyandria Scott, a junior nursing student, in an interview. “The way I have seen people act before and after

“I think Donald Trump being our president shows a lot about our country,” said Dyandria Scott, a junior nursing student, in an interview. “The way I have seen people act before and after election shows this is what they (Trump supporters) have been waiting for, someone that thinks and acts just the way they do.Trump being elected for this country shows a lot. People were waiting for a white male to be head of the country again and now they have someone who doesn’t respect women and sexualizes his own daughter. I find him to be very opposite from the norm. I hope he learns a thing or four from (current president Barack Obama) and keeps the progress going.”

Trump being elected for this country shows a lot. People were waiting for a white male to be head of the country again and now they have someone who doesn’t respect women and sexualizes his own daughter. I find him to be very opposite from the norm. I hope he learns a thing or four from (current president Barack Obama) and keeps the progress going.”All things considered, we have to move forward, which ironically was one of Clinton’s campaign slogans. Should we as citizens sit back and accept what many consider a defeat? No, but should we give him a chance? It’s a

All things considered, we have to move forward, which ironically was one of Clinton’s campaign slogans. Should we as citizens sit back and accept what many consider a defeat? No, but should we give him a chance? It’s a judgment call, but this is the reality. However, Clinton supporters have started a petition to get the Electoral College to vote for Clinton instead of Trump. The petition now has more than 3 million signatures, according to Fox News.

However, Clinton supporters have started a petition to get the Electoral College to vote for Clinton instead of Trump. The petition now has more than 3 million signatures, according to Fox News. The college will vote to elect the next U.S. president Dec. 19. Legally, the likelihood of Clinton ever being elected is very slim to none.

The college will vote to elect the next U.S. president Dec. 19. Legally, the likelihood of Clinton ever being elected is very slim to none.

You May Also Like