Music Ensemble performed winter concert in STUAC theater

The Morrisville State Music Ensemble held its Winter Concert Nov. 17 in the  Student Activities Center’s Little Theater to help ring in the holidays. The event was sponsored by the music department.

Songs that were played at the concert included classics like “Hey Jude,”“Rudolph The Red Nosed Reindeer” and “Let it Snow! Let it Snow! Let it Snow!.” For the last song of the night,  the music ensemble was joined on stage by Dr. David Rogers, MSC’s president who played the cowbell.  

“We do a homecoming performance, earlier this year we did a Founder’s Day performance, and we had our holiday concert tonight,” said David Fox, the director in an interview. “In the spring we will be playing as part of the pit for the musical and then we will have another concert or two.”  

Performers at the concert played a range of instruments.  They included Adam Clark and Erica Gardner-Tonnessen on alto saxophone, Taylor Pincheon on tenor saxophone and four trumpet players: Colton Sanders, Allie Hartley, Emily Wellington and Paige Pincheon.

Other performers were David Fox on the trombone, Andrew Betros on bass instrument, Jeremiah Clermont on piano and Eric Benedetto and William Hackett on percussion. The violin was played by Emily Jachimowicz while Lea Inhaber-Courchesne played the viola and Ethan Willis was on cello.

Students who are part of the of the ensemble have various musical backgrounds as well as  majors.

“I was in my high school band and I’ve been in band since fourth grade,” said Pincheon, a sports nutrition and fitness student, in an interview. “I just have a really big passion for music.”

Students who have musical experience can join the music program.

“I decided to join the music program at Morrisville, just from my experience I have been playing drums since I was three so to keep it going,” said Hackett, a sports management student, in an interview.  “I joined the music program to have fun too.”

You May Also Like